- Teaching Fields Lecture Courses
I have taught courses on Sustainability and Sustainable Design throughout the University of Cincinnati School of Architecture and Interior Design curriculum. At every opportunity, I seek to engage students in an informed, critical dialogue about sustainability.
Sustainability and Sustainable Design are terms that are used in media, in government, in advertising, in academia and across all facets of our society. This class aims to introduce students to the history and perspectives on sustainability and sustainable design and to provide students with the tools to critically assess sustainability in context.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
- To expose students to contemporary, relevant issues in sustainability and sustainable design
- To expose students to contemporary, relevant issues in green design
- To enable students to critically assess their own ecological footprint
- To provide a context for the present cultural focus on sustainability
- To provide a critical perspective on climate change
- To provide students with an understanding of advocacy and the role it plays in sustainability